Headquartered in Montana with offices in both Missoula and Bozeman, onX is rooted in a passion for the peaks and rivers surrounding us. We bring our devotion to the outdoors to work daily with a singular, powerful goal; to inspire others to find their own adventures off the pavement. Through the melding of technology and passion for the outdoors we enable people to craft rewarding, dynamic outdoor experiences.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
onX is seeking a talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with a passion for test automation. As an onX SDET, you will build and utilize cutting-edge testing tools in an agile environment to plan and conduct testing of our innovative software products. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a dynamic startup focused on making an impact on the business. This role will serve as a critical member of the team, ensuring we are delivering the highest quality products to our consumers at onX. This position will report to the Quality Engineering Manager.
LOCATION: Missoula or Bozeman, MT
(Essential Job Duties)
- Learn about onX's products and passion for the outdoors, advocating for quality and an excellent customer experience
- Design and develop automated test frameworks
- Work closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve any issues
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative team environment within Engineering and across other teams and stakeholders
- Identify and evangelize the most effective and efficient ways to test the product
- Influence and communicate effectively with development teams, managers and non-technical audiences including senior product and business management
- Continuously look for and identify ways to improve the testing cycle and as a critical part of the SDET Team
- Break things so we can fix them prior to launching a new product
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field
- Five (5) or more years of Quality Assurance, test engineering, or development experience, working in an agile environment
- Experience with the following languages: Kotlin, Swift, Elixr, Go, Java
- Experience with the following frameworks: JIRA for project tracking
- Ability to work collaboratively to identify and solve problems across distributed teams with strong communication skills
- Knowledge of testing interfaces and distributed systems
- Ability to create, execute, and properly communicate automated test plans
- Proven ability to build, maintain and configure testing environments
- Motivation to continue growing your skills as an Engineer and push for quality products in a fast paced environment
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: None
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The following physical requirements represent those that are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting – 80%
- Standing – 10%
- Walking – 10%
- Bending - Occasionally
- Kneeling - Some
- Lifting – Up to 25 pounds
- Reaching - Regularly
- Telephone Use - Intermittent
- Computer Use/Manual Dexterity - Yes
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING YOU
- Competitive salary and opportunities for growth
- Comprehensive medical, insurance and wellness benefits
- Four weeks paid family leave
- 401k matching at 100% the first 3% you save and 50% from 3-5%
- Company-wide outdoor adventures twice per year
- Amazing outdoor industry discounts
- Summer hours for salaried employees
onX COMPANY VALUES
We put the customer first.
We are passionate.
We win as a team.
We take ownership.
We work with urgency.
We are curious and seek the truth.
We innovate & take risks.
Posting is Open Until Filled
onX is an Equal Opportunity Employer